Try these ideas from the 2013 Western Australian Heritage Festival program (which you can download at ). Page numbers are listed for easy reference.
In and around Perth:
· Free Entry Sundays at Woodbridge – visit this beautiful property from 1pm – 4pm. Why not book a table for lunch/afternoon tea at Riverside Cafe on site. Refer p16.
· Autumn Rose Show 2013 presented by the Rose Society of Western Australia – 9am – 4pm in South Perth. Refer p40
· White Divers of Fremantle* – does Mum like pearls? Learn about pearl divers of yesterday and see displays of hard hat diving, and displays and products from sponsors & supporters including pearling companies, the Historical Diving Society, Matsos Brewery, Fremantle Sailing Club. A Telethon fundraiser. 10am – 3pm. Refer p33. *White Divers of Fremantle – with deference to the book The White Divers of Broome by John Bailey and the play by Hilary Bell performed by the Black Swan Theatre Company
· History of Guildford and the Swan Valley Exhibit at historic Guildford Courthouse – 9am – 4pm. Refer p19.
· Free Entry Sundays at Peninsula Farm (Tranby) – experience this fabulous National Trust property on the banks of the Swan in Maylands. The oldest farm in the Swan River Colony. Refer p14.
· Coach Tour to Gwambygine – Bookings essential. Phone today. Refer p42
· Azelia Ley Homestead Museum – see an exhibit between 1.30pm – 4.30pm. Refer p17.
· Sounds like Heritage – 1.30 – 2.30pm. Bookings essential. Refer p42.
· Free Entry Sundays at East Perth Cemeteries – 2pm – 4pm. Refer p17.
· Call to Arms @ Rottnest Island – 11am – 3.3pm. Refer p9.
· Tour of Queen Victoria (Artillery) Barracks in Fremantle – 10am – 11am. Refer p34
· Hidden History Walking Tour self guided walkalong the Scarborough Strip – refer p4
· Peppermint Grove Heritage Trail – self guided trail. Refer p26.
· Perth Urban Adventure – Bookings essential. 6pm – 8pm. Refer p5.
· Fremantle Urban Adventure –Bookings essential. 10am – 12 noon. Refer p6.
In regional areas:
· Free Entry Sunday at Ellensbrook in Margaret River – 10am – 4pm. Refer p50
· Artist in Residence @ Old Blythewood – Mum can view the artist at work and enjoy a walk amongst the beautiful garden at this property in Blythewood. Refer p50.
· Free Entry Sunday at Old Farm – explore some of the behind the scenes work going on a WA’s oldest farm and see the lovely gardens at this lovely Albany property. Refer p54
· Free Entry Sundays at Warden Finnerty’s in Coolgardie – 11am – 4pm. Refer p57.
· Faversham House in the Naughty (and Nice) Nineties Sat 11 – Sun 12. A wonderful weekend of events. Refer p65.
· York Town Hall – the Halcyon Years 1911-1931 – visit this magnificent iconic building between 9.30am – 3.30pm. Refer p60.
· Free Entry Sundays at York Courthouse Complex in York – 10am – 4pm Refer p62.
· Hidden Treasures Exhibition at the York Residency Museum – 11am – 3.30pm Refer p61.
· Bus Tours of Historic York – 2pm – 4pm. Bookings essential. Refer p63.
· Free Entry Sundays at Mangowine in Nungarin – 10am -12noon, 1pm – 4pm. Refer p62.
· Free Entry Sundays at Central Greenough. Enjoy a meal at the Cafe. Refer p68.